Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair BEA 2011: About My Armchair




For readers who aren't book bloggers, Book Expo America is taking place in New York City this week. Some book bloggers are attending in person, some of us will be virtual participants. As part of Armchair BEA, this week's posts will include some introductions, interviews, and blogging/networking discussions - all are welcome, blogger or not! Traditional book reviews will resume next week.

Hello, fellow Armchair BEAers and thanks for visiting! If we haven't met yet, I'm Jennifer - I'm a mom, avid reader, enthusiastic blogger, and book review contributor to The Best Damn Creative Writing Blog. My "armchair" this week, and every week, is in the kitchen or dining room, where I like to get my set up on my laptop early in the morning while the coffee steeps.

Perhaps what I love most about blogging and social networking around books are the amazing people I have "met" from around the world. I live in the U.S. and some of my favorite fellow book bloggers live in such far away places as England, France, India, and the Caribbean. I also love that blogging has introduced me to new authors and types of reading, such as indie/small press short stories, which I hope to include even more often in the blog this year.

As this is my first Armchair BEA, I don't know what to expect, but I'm very excited to be participating and getting to know some new blogging friends. I welcome you to follow me via Google Friend Connect (button on your left, there), Facebook, or twitter. Where is your armchair? Please introduce yourself and leave your link in the comments - I like to follow back!

Happy blogging!

21 comments :

  1. One of my favorite things about blogging has been connecting with others as well. I've met some really amazing bloggers--mostly online but a few in real life, too!

    Enjoy your week! This is my first time participating as well--hope it's fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an armchair but it's usually occupied by a couch so I'm mostly at a ocmputer desk with a tempting view of my garden. This is my first armchair BEA as well, and I'm looking forward to findoing out more about everyone who is participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Mom too...I completely can relate to your "armchair' being where the laptop and child go! Thanks for visiting Stiletto Storytime. I also love all the friends I have "met" by book blogging. It's one of the best perks!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,the best about blogging for me is sharing with other one heck of a great read another is finding great reads from others in the book blog world of ours. happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer -- Lovely to meet you! I too love meeting international readers (altho I'm always v embarrassed that I'm a monoglot!). Looking forward to the rest of your content this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to find your blog. I'm looking forward to meeting new bloggers and people. Now I have another blog to add to my google reader, how fun. I hope to stay connected. Best wishes and enjoy the BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my first time in Armchair BEA as well! I'm looking forward to your posts through the week and after that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my second time armchairing and this is so much fun! The best aspect is meeting all you wonderful book bloggers, like you said! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it great how global book blogging is? Passionate readers are everywhere.

    You asked about the Daphne duMaurier Project: I have a blog where anyone can contribute a review (as a link to their blog) of her books. Drop in and have a look sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    My armchair is my sofa, where I sit with my laptop, very comfortably. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been great getting to know you this week, and I have to agree the best part about blogging is meeting new friends all over the world! Thanks for stopping by today. For others, here’s my introduction post! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think blogging and coffee go hand in hand. Great to meet you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the global connection piece of blogging, too. It's amazing! My "armchair" is my desk, where I'll (hopefully!) be doing more studying than browsing posts, but I have a feeling the ratio might tip the other way... :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not officially doing Armchair BEA (too lazy), but I'm trying to visit some new-to-me book blogs. It's always exciting to find a new one. I'll be back often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jennifer.
    Great to meet you! I love connecting with new people—especially when it comes to books. :) I'm an Armchair BEA newcomer, so that's for checking out my introduction!
    All the best,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post. I love the opportunity blogging provides to meet other readers who like the same genres and the books/authors they've introduced me to, also since I always have an opinion I love the chance blogging gives me to share mine!
    Lisa@Cold Moon Violet Books: About Me Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first Armchair BEA too, and I am every bit as clueless as you. I am having a blast meeting tons of awesome new book bloggers!

    -Kate the Book Buff
    The Book Buff: Book Reviews for Regular People

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, everyone for the visits, comments & follows (I think I've visited/followed everyone back, holler if not). So nice to meet you, this will be a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Getting to hear about books that wouldn't normally cross my path is one of my favorite things about blogging too! I hope you have a great Armchair BEA!

    ~ Trisha @ eclectic / eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my first BEA as well. I going to just play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so late in stopping by, but wanted to say thank you for participating in Armchair BEA 2011! I'm a fellow US blogger mom that loves the blogging world for the same reason that you do! Can't wait to discover more of your site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - thoughts welcome.