Sunday, August 28, 2011

Caught Reading: Island Edition



Just back from a week on this beautiful rock in the sea. No blogging, no tweeting, no reviewing, but lots of sun, water, family and friends. Shoalers as a whole are a very avid bunch of readers - these are just a few of the books I spotted around the island.











Ben Loory's Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day (Penguin, 2011) was my read for the week. I loved this collection of sometimes-creepy, sometimes-poignant, always unsettling short stories. In a week in which down time came in fits and starts, these bite-sized stories were the perfect escape, and each bite left me with plenty to chew on.

Special thanks to The Guys over at Three Guys One Book for hosting the giveaway in which I won my copy!!!

Happy Reading!





7 comments :

  1. I think the worst thing about e-readers is that you can't be nosy about what other people are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, so very true!!! Bad news for us snoopy types ;D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried checking out Martin's An Object of Beauty at my local library: I was 78 on the wait list. And I thought people in my town didn't read. Martin is definitely on the TBR list for a wide variety of readers.

    Hope you had fun on your vaca. Unplugging can be such a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an incredible wait list! Heard it was a good one, would love to get to it sometime. He seems impressively multi-talented. And thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I'd love to go away, out to sea, to read and enjoy the cloudy sky soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Claudine & Audra! A beautiful place, and nice vacation with a little work mixed in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - thoughts welcome.