Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brrr.....



Brrr.... it's a chilly, wet, windy morning here on our hill. Nine wild turkeys grazed their way through the yard earlier, a sure sign that Fall is truly here. I'm clutching a hot mug of coffee to stay warm- we're stubbornly resisting turning on the furnace, but looking forward to firing up the wood stove this evening for the first fire of the season.

Many thanks to everyone who came to visit and check out this week's Q&A with Lisa Riley Emig, talking about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and her no(vel) - what a wonderful response. I'm beyond thrilled to welcome Steve Himmer, author of The Bee Loud Glade (Atticus Books, 2010), to the blog tomorrow - we're discussing technology, nature, writing, and more. The Bee-Loud Glade is smart, funny, and thought-provoking, and so is the author - please drop by and say hello.

Some excellent new pieces over on LitStack this week - if you didn't catch Sam Spokony's wonderful article (and striking photos) on Bunhill Fields , the final resting place for many of England's non-conformist and dissident thinkers and authors, don't miss it. Tee Tate interviewed LitStack's featured author of the month, Cherie Priest - (I learned a lot about Steampunk!). My review of Quirk Books' Bedbugs is up (along with awesomely fun trailer), and much, much more. And I'm almost too bashful to tell you, but it's for a good cause... some rather, um, attractive male librarians have gotten together to make a rather, um, steamy calendar, the profits from which will benefit It Gets Better.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend and staying warm - are you perhaps curled up with a good book? which one?



2 comments :

  1. The weather has been fickle. One day it's scorching, days later it's chilly. I like the temp to be between 70 and 75 degrees. Not too cold, not too hot. I did end up with a book. I'm trying to find time to write reviews. Lately, I've been reading more and writing less. I need to switch it up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Lena on temperature & routines, both. Know what you mean about switching it up - so easy to get in a rut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - thoughts welcome.